Vancouver Soup is part of a global network of democratic micro-funding community events. For the first time ever, it's coming to Granville Island!
What is Vancouver Soup?
- a collaborative situation
- a public dinner
- a platform for connection
- a safe space
- a democratic experiment in micro-funding
- a relational hub bringing together various creative communities
- a forum for critical but accessible discussion
- an opportunity to support creative people in Vancouver
So, how does it work?
A dinner is hosted with soup and a chance to fund community-building projects.
4 projects that need funding pitch their ideas on how to make Vancouver a better, friendlier, or more sustainable city.
You attend the dinner for an evening of food, fun, conversation, and grassroots democracy. A $10 donation gets you dinner and a vote!
The project with the most votes wins the pot! (of money, not soup!) 100% of donations go to the winning project.
Come join us on July 18th for a unique outdoor experience on Granville Island!
Learn more & visit the Vancouver Soup website: www.vancouversoup.com